Sunday, July 01, 2007

National Day Parade '07

Didnt had time to blog yesterday due to work today. =(

For those who got the tickets for NDP and wanna keep the suspense, try not to read this entry then. LOL! Cos I went with the girl and caught the extremely wonderful performances.

Well, yesterday me and Elle went for NDP preview held yesterday at our new stadium. And guess what, its the world's largest floating studium! according to the organisers. tsk! who knows! looks kinda small to me anyway... lol!

So me and bubba had a very warm and sweaty afternoon queueing up at the entrance waiting for the doors to be opened. And gosh! when its hot I meant its REALLY hot! Scorching! But I want to thank my baby for taking sweet care of me making sure I was constantly comfortable even when she was sweating profusely... she didnt utter a word... sniff... I feel so bad... sorry honey... -big big hugs-

Here are the tons of photos we took yesterday! Enjoy!



The main arena!



One of the cute characters in the show, poor girl! I bet she's sweating inside!



The Little Coloured People... hehe!



And the skydivers make their way to the platform! Woosh!



I was kinda hoping one of them would fall on their butts! But nah, they were all pros!



Look at the crowd! Packed!



And here's all the soldiers standing still singing national anthem. LOL!



Raise your head! Apaches!!!!!



There's me and the heart warmer... xD



The usual aircraft fly by!!! super loud!!! vroom!



The usual inspection. only it isnt the president. Its simulated! HAhahahahaha!



The usual loud boom from the close range missiles. whatever you call it.
Pardon the picture quality, took it with my hp and they were so far away.



These guys started appearing everywhere in the stadium suddenly. GOSH!



Check this out ya'll! =P There were divers jumping out from it!



LOOK! My unit! Special Operations Command!!! oh you guys rawk!!!



Civil Defence spraying water at us! Cool!



We had the usuals... Assorted performaces from various groups.



So on...



And so forth... finally the finale!

Oh there were several other performances that I didnt had time to take mainly the commandos doing a reverse abseiling down the Benjamin Shears bridge. Nicely done!

I personally think that this year's performance was a little dull if not for the fantastic performace put up by the military from SAF, SPF and CD. So yea, you've the greens, blues and reds... hahaha!

Oh I forgotten to mention. I was so looking forward to the goody bags. But guess what I got instead. Plastic bags. (T.T) WTH! I guess they saved the bags for the finale eh? sheesh! There wasnt any firworks too... sniffs!!! No worries, there's gonna be more surprises during the actual day!


Thats about it for this year's NDP 2007 !

4 comments:

`chunmeielle said...

OH I ABSO-fucking-LUTELY LOVE GG NDP WITH YOU! hahaha

tho you were practically scratching and pinching me when the SOC people came running out with their cool outfits and han-sump (handsome) pose. LOL!!!

Alvini said...

Hello.I was surfing and found your blog.I was at the NDP too!And sitting at the yellow benches too!Lol

Vanessa Valerie said...

hahahah hello yes i rmb that.. dun pray to the aeroplanes! lol! =D

Terrence said...

reminds me of my terrible days doing NDP2002.

I do not like you. you scared me. :(