Sunday, February 03, 2008

Shit happens all the time regardless of where you are or what you do. And things just get that tad bit worse when you're in National Service.

As you progress through time, you seem to have more responsibilities over your men. But not only does your allowance remain the same, you're bounded between your authority as a leader and the people whom you work so closely with and yet you're compelled to justify their actions when its "unlawful". Police catching one another... my goodness.

On the other side of life, things have been quite a ride. One bright side of it is that I just attained my marksmanship and also a sliver timing under SOC's (Special Operation Command) ippt table. Glad that I got that extra $300 this month too! Arrived in my pockets just in time for Chinese New Year.

As for my CNY shopping spree... Well, it wasn't exactly what I had pictured. My "To-get-list" just seemed to be more expensive than I thought! LOL! Well, but it was the scouting with lil chun mei and mum that made it so much more enjoyable.

Oh, even bought myself a shoe rack which had no instructions whatsoever. There was just a packet of different kinds of nails which me and chun mei had to experiment with different options how to assemble that thing together. But as she says... it tests the tension in a relationship. -laughs-

1 comment:

Terrence said...

isn't it nice to have two friends call you every once in a while to ask if you're working, and to ask you out for meals.

or to jibe you with what we're eating whilst you're working?

don't you just love us?