Thursday, October 18, 2007

After weeks of anxiety... I'm happy to announced that...

I've finally PASSED AND ATTAINED my driving license!!!!

You could say that I'm happy, tired and exhausted at the same time. It was a hell of a week for me. Honestly, passing was seriously the last thing on my mind. I mean, who the heck could pass with less than 3 weeks of practical lessons? Haha! I bet I'm one of those few who've spent less than $900 to attain my license. Hectic...

*oh oh! Thanks to trs for your advise! I was practically turning my head here and there the whole time! Somehow felt that it was totally unnecessary though. Haha!

Wanna say a big thank you to muah lovely friends and of course my dear girl who've given me your wishes and kept me in prayers. I think I've owed a few of you lunches and dinners eh? haha! Will definately keep my end of the deal! =D

Well, now that I'm done with that. Its time to move on with my police license AND my very own car! Probably head down to roadshows for the next few days... slurps! I sure want an RX8 though... LOL! Wouldn't mind test driving it anyway!

7 comments:

Terrence said...

congrats man.

RX8 is a wonderful car to test drive. I nearly came in my pants when I drove it the other time. lovely.

but do test drive other cars that are more rare. like. a VW Golf GTI or a VW Golf R32. if they even have the latter in Singapore. or a BMW M3. *coughs* I'm doing that after my exams, the M3 part that is.

ah such is the life of a very bored car enthusiast in Australia. heh.

once again, congrats.

кwǎйgяόng said...

Haha! Thanks... Well, I doubt they'll have a VW R32 in Singapore. That I'll have to find out myself.

But well, I guess test driving is as near as I can get. I need to get a standard car that I can "experiment" with it for about a year before I decide to change to a better one that I can handle. tsk.

Well... don't fret. I do hope you'll get your chance exploring varies kinds of cars. Meantime, I might need advise on the do's and dont's of car maintainance etc. Haha.

Knowledge of cars are superly limited! yeesh!

Ser said...

test drive rolls royce!! gaga... no harm trying.. hehe

кwǎйgяόng said...

LOL!!! errr... I dont think anyone could test drive a rolls! But I would if I could! =P

Marie said...

congratulations!!! wahh.. darned lucky lah u! hahaha can test drive pretty much any car lah. get a car and drive us all out for supper! haha! ;)

Terrence said...

car maintenance? very easy.

what car are you thinking of getting for yourself for now? I agree with your train of thought. get a normal car, one that is relatively good but inexpensive, and just learn how to control the car properly. one thing I realised when I passed was my lack of parking ability, and improper car driving habits. you'll realise that some of the things you learn in driving school are impractical, and some are not taught to you at all.

take highway driving for example. the first time I went onto the highway, I nearly pissed in my pants with fear, since nobody gave way to me. or overtaking cars who are obviously slower than you. again, something not really taught and/or emphasised on.

if you want driving experience, come on over here to drive. drivers are more patient, and you actually meet weird ass drivers on the road to hone your observational skills.

кwǎйgяόng said...

trs: really? wow, I suppose Australia would be a relatively good place to practice and experiment one's skills eh?

But due to my tight schedule in NS and the lack of leave left, I guess I've to delay my trip to aussie for the time being...

I agree what you said about those "skills" which were taught during our driving lessons though... I'm still laughing about it when I go on the roads everyday! HAHA!